Using adult learning techniques and case studies to illustrate common clinical issues, the Co-Occurring Training offers opportunities for clinicians to discuss common psychiatric disorders or issues that our patients tend to experience along with their addiction. To increase competency, this training exposes common signs and symptoms, what to look for when symptoms escalate, behavioral patterns, specific interventions to use, and clinical blind spots. Other topics covered include: Counter-transference, Differential Diagnosis, Staff-Splitting, and Suicidality.
- Review Co-Occurring Disorders
- Problem solve using case studies
- Address common clinical blind spots
- Build competency and confidence in clinical skills
- Challenging ourselves to ask questions
- Encourage consistent self-assessment