Education + Licenses
- BA Biology Denison University
- MPH University of Pittsburgh
- MD Drexel University
- Global Health Leadership Certificate Harvard Medical School (Current)
- Board Certified Family Medicine
- Addiction Medicine practice 20 years
- Behavioral Health Medicine practice 10 years
- Published Author in several medical Journals
- Licensed to Practice Medicine in 20 States
Dr. Cook is an international lecturer and physician who grew up in a Pittsburgh neighborhood close to RCA at Monroeville. In his role of Medical Director for the center, he brings years of experience in Addiction Medicine, Behavioral Health, Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, and Public Health. He has practiced at multiple inpatient and outpatient addiction medicine centers throughout the United States. Additionally, he has worked as an ER/Urgent Care physician at several Western Pennsylvania Emergency Departments and Urgent Care centers.
Prior to joining RCA, Dr. Cook held roles as Medical Director and Chief Medical Officer at multiple addiction organizations. Additionally, he has commercial and government health administration experience serving as Medical Director at Highmark Health and at C2C Innovative Solutions (Medicare).
Dr. Cook has a special interest in the public health implications of institutional racism and its impact on the health status of African-Americans. He has lectured on Addiction Medicine in several European countries and has plans to speak at future international conferences in Central/South America, Asia, Africa, and the Caribbean.